Understanding Environmental Management Systems based on ISO 14001:2015
Compared to the 2004 revision, ISO 14001:2015 had a total revision and the structure of the new standard was changed significantly. It now consist of 10 clauses that makes management systems’ basic structure generic and different systems such as ISO 9001:2015 can be integrated with less effort, based on user experience over the last eleven years, and changes that are intended to improve further compatibility with the ISO 9001:2015 standard for Quality management systems.
The following has changed with the new revision and is explained in our book “Understanding Environmental Management Systems based on ISO 14001:2015”:
- The standard is rewritten according to the HLR (High Level Structure)
- Risk Management becomes a foundation of the new standard
- Leadership is strengthened
- A standby purposely open to the service industry
- No more Environmental Manual
- Importance is given to the context surrounding the certified organisation and to its stakeholders
- Knowledge is a resource like any other
Our book “Understanding Environmental Management Systems based on ISO 14001:2015″ cover ISO 14001:2015 in a whole and will make you understand how to design, develop, implement and maintain an Environmental Management System that is based on the new revision of ISO 14001:2015.